CIBSE & UKCIP warmly invite you to take part in the third annual GI design challenge!
- Closing date: 19 February 2018
- Winner announcement & exhibition: 06 March 2018 at ecobuild
Supported by ecobuild, this challenge provides an opportunity to showcase what constitutes a healthy, productive and sustainable urban environment both now and as the climate changes. From a building performance perspective as well as the improvement of surrounding public spaces, the challenge highlights the role of building-level green infrastructure such as green roofs, internal or external living walls, indoor farms and gardens, and collections of plants. The objectives of this challenge are to:
- Showcase opportunities to improve the liveability of our cities through GI
- Demonstrate how GI can make an area an attractive place to work
- Demonstrate how GI can contribute to improved health and wellbeing
- Improve energy efficiency and climatic resilience.
The proposals will be judged on evidence provided against the following categories:
- Health, wellbeing and productivity of staff – improving staff working environment including the indoor / outdoor air quality
- Improving energy efficiency – looking for solutions that complement and enhance existing building systems
- Climate resilience – improving thermal comfort, water management and flood prevention measures.
Design submissions must make clear any associated requirements for the building’s maintenance and management regime.
The design should demonstrate consideration of:
- the building curtilage – the surroundings: street scene, plazas, courtyards, other public spaces surrounding the building
- the external building surfaces
- the building’s interior.
Contact Dr Anastasia Mylona if you have any queries, or if you would like the technical pack.
Entries should be submitted as 2 x A0 size posters, in pdf format.